IN THESE CONDITIONS, UNLESS THE CONTEXT REQUIRES OTHERWISE:
- “Buyer” means the company, firm, body or person purchasing the Services from Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth.
- “Contract” means a contract, subject to these conditions, for the provision of the Services between Devoted Domains and the Buyer.
- “Devoted Domains” and “SEO Bournemouth” means White Cloud Investments (company number 7203210) trading as Devoted Domains and SEO Bournemouth.
- “Order” means a purchase order in respect of the Services completed or agreed by the Buyer and submitted to Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth, together with all documents referred to in it.
- “Quotation” is an agreed piece of work (incorporating these terms & conditions) provided by Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth to the Buyer in respect of the Services. No contract will come into existence until Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth written acceptance or order form has been completed and confirmed by the Buyer and the order acknowledgement has been confirmed by Devoted Domains.
- “Services” means the subject matter of each Contract between the Buyer and Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth, being the work and/or services or any of them to be performed by Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth for the Buyer pursuant to the Order.
- “Standard Form” means Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth standard form of Order.
- A Quotation shall not be binding on Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth and a Contract will only come into being upon acceptance by Devoted Domains of the Order by signing or counter signing the date of the order and returning it to a customer.
- The Contract will be subject to these conditions. All terms and conditions appearing or referred to in the Order or otherwise stipulated by the Buyer shall have no effect, unless such Order is in the Standard Form. Any variation to the Contract must be confirmed in writing by Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth.
- Quotations submitted by Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth shall remain open for acceptance by the Buyer for a period of 21 (twenty one) days from the date of the Quotation (unless in the Quotation some other period is specified) or when Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth withdraws the Quotation.
- These conditions shall, to the extent applicable, apply to goods and products in the same way as they apply to Services.
- The minimum length of any ongoing website services purchased will be 12 months.
- Where the Services are sold by reference to Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth published price list or tariff structure, the price payable for the Services shall be the ruling price as published in the price list or tariff structure current at the date of purchase.
- In other cases, the price for the Services shall, subject to clause 1.3 above, be that stated on the relevant Quotation.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth shall (if applicable) add to the price of the Services, and the Buyer shall pay, an amount equal to any VAT or other sales tax or duty applicable from time to time to sales or supply of such Services.
- Any price changes will take effect from the 1st day of the month and the customer will be notified in writing 7 (seven) days before any price change takes effect.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- Subject to clause 3.2 the Buyer shall, at the time of submission of an Order to Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth, pay to Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth a non-refundable deposit for the Services specified on the Order of 25% of the value shown on the Order (“Deposit”).
- The Buyer shall not be required to pay a Deposit in respect of Optimisation or Web Hosting services.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth shall invoice the Buyer for all Services (less any Deposit) immediately on completion of the work undertaken..
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth and without prejudice to clauses 3.1 and 4, invoices shall be payable by the Buyer immediately upon completion of the relevant work to which the invoice relates.
- The Buyer shall make all payments due to Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth by cheque (supported by an appropriate cheque guarantee card) or by bankers draft or in cash or by telegraphic or electronic transfer direct to the company bank account or by arranged Direct Debit (and in each case in pounds sterling).
- If the Buyer fails to pay any amount due to Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth under this Agreement on the relevant due date, default interest at the rate specified by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 shall be added to such amount for the period from the day after the due date until the date of receipt (whether before or after judgment) together with any reasonable and proper amounts incurred by Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth in seeking to recover such late payment from the Buyer (including, without limitation, legal fees).
- The client unconditionally guarantees that any element of text, graphics or other artwork furnished to Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth for inclusion in the web design project are owned by the client, or that the client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect and defend Devoted Domains and it’s subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the client.
- All creation files remain the intellectual property of Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth on completion of any work undertaken on behalf of the client.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, display, exhibit, transmit, perform, create derivatives works, and distribute any item from the clients completed work unless specifically agreed to do otherwise. Further, Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know how or techniques acquired in the construction of work for the client for any purpose whatsoever including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products and any other items incorporating such information unless specifically agreed otherwise.
WEBSITE OPTIMISATION AND SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION (SEO)
- Whilst Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth will try to improve the position of your website in Search Engine results in response to a search request, we do not warrant that this effort is in any way guaranteed.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth cannot be held responsible for any changes to the position of your website in the Search Engine results in response to a search.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth are Reseller Partners for domain name registration, website hosting and mailboxes through. The registration of a domain name, hosting of a website or registering of mailboxes on behalf of the client is subject to the terms and conditions of these businesses on their individual websites.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth will accept no liability for any financial loss resulting from a domain not being renewed.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth shall have no liability arising from any financial loss arising from any registered mailbox not being available.
- A charge of one hundred pounds (£100) + VAT will be charged for any domain transfer. A domain will only be transferred if this has be paid in advance as well as any other outstanding balance owed to Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth.
ECOMMERCE WEBSITE SERVICES
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth supply ecommerce website services via EKM Power Shop and Venda. The client is subject to the terms and conditions of these businesses on their individual websites.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth will accept no liability for any financial loss resulting from the use of any ecommerce website.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth process transactions via the phone using PayPal Virtual terminal and do not store credit card details of any credit cards processed.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth charge a 50% deposit before any work is started. This is a non refundable charge.
WARRANTY AND LIMIT OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth acknowledges and agrees that it shall perform the Services:
- with reasonable skill and care; and
- in accordance with good industry practice.
- The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth shall have no liability to the Buyer in respect of the positioning of the Buyer’s website.
- The Buyer’s remedies in respect of any claim under the foregoing express warranty or any condition or warranty implied by law or any other claim in respect of the Services or website or any workmanship in relation to them (whether or not involving negligence on the part of Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth) shall, in all cases, be limited to re-performance of the Services or refund of the relevant purchase price.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth shall not in any circumstances be liable to the Buyer for any indirect or consequential losses or any loss of profits purported to have been suffered by the Buyer.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth shall not be liable for any failure in the performance of any of its obligations under the agreement caused by factors outside its control.
DELIVERY & COMPLETION DATES
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth undertakes to use its reasonable endeavours to provide completed Services to the Buyer within 30 days of the date on which Devoted Domains receives a signed Order from the Buyer.
- The dates for carrying out the Services and delivery of any resultant website are approximate only and, unless otherwise expressly stated, time is not of the essence for delivery or performance.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth will not be liable in any circumstances for the consequences of any delay in delivery or performance or failure to deliver or perform save where the same is as a result of the negligence of Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth.
- No delay (unless material) shall entitle the Buyer to reject any delivery or performance or any other Order from the Buyer or to repudiate the Contract or the Order.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR APPROVING THE WEBSITE
- The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth shall produce the website based on information provided to it by the Buyer.
- Notwithstanding clause 8.1, it shall be the responsibility of the Buyer (and not Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth) to review and approve the content of the website (including, without limitation, the spelling of names and addresses and the accuracy of telephone numbers) at the time of the completion of such website by Devoted Domains to the Buyer for approval by the Buyer.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth shall have no liability to the Buyer for any inaccuracies in the website if and to the extent that the Buyer has failed to review and/or approve (or require amendment (as the case may be)) provided to the Buyer by Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth pursuant to this Agreement.
- Devoted Domains may terminate the Contract immediately in the event that the Buyer is in breach of its obligations under the Contract and/or the Buyer suffers any event of insolvency or is or becomes unable to pay its debts as they fall due.
- Devoted Domains may at its discretion suspend or terminate the supply of any goods and services if the buyer fails to make any payment when due or otherwise defaults in any of its obligations under the contract or any other agreement with Devoted Domains or becomes insolvent, has an administrative receiver appointed of its business or is compulsorily or voluntarily wound up or Devoted Domains bona fide believes that any of those events may occur and in any case of termination may forfeit any monies paid.
- Devoted Domains may by written notice terminate the Agreement immediately and without liability for compensation or damages except as mentioned in this agreement if the Buyer fails to make payment as specified above.
- Any contract cancelled during the first twelve (12) months will incur a penalty charge of £250.
THIRD PARTY CLAIMS
The Buyer shall indemnify Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth and keep Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth indemnified from and against any and all actions, costs (including, without limitation, the cost of defending any legal proceedings), claims, proceedings, accounts and damages in respect of any infringement or alleged infringement by a third party of any patent, registered design, unregistered design, design right, copyright, trade mark or other industrial or intellectual property rights resulting from compliance by Devoted Domains with the Buyer’s instructions, whether express or implied.
ASSIGNMENT & SUB-CONTRACTING
- None of the rights or obligations of the Buyer under the Contract may be assigned or transferred in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth.
- The website or any work undertaken by Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth shall be for the sole use of the Buyer and shall not be capable of assignment to a third party by the Buyer.
- Devoted Domains & SEO Bournemouth shall be entitled to sub-contract any work relating to the Contract without obtaining the consent of, or giving notice to, the Buyer.
- Any notice or other communication to be given under these conditions must be in writing and may be delivered or sent by prepaid first class letter post or facsimile transmission.
- Any notice or document shall be deemed served: if delivered, at the time of delivery; if posted, 48 hours after posting; and if sent by facsimile transmission, at the time of transmission.
The invalidity, illegality or un-enforceability of any provision of these conditions should not affect the other conditions.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
A person who is not party to this agreement shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement. This clause does not affect any right or remedy of any person which exists or is available otherwise than pursuant to that Act.
LAW & JURISDICTION
The Contract shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with English law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.